So obviously the blog thing didn't go as planned (hence the "I haven't written in almost two years" thing) but really, what ever actually goes "as planned?"
Over the past almost two years, I've learned a lot more about how to "better get to livin'" than I think I ever would have had I listed a million new things to accomplish.
I've learned how to get livin' better through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have been all my life, but these past few years have taught me that this fact means little unless I choose to live it. My name can be on the roster, but unless my heart is on the altar, I'm not experiencing the true joy that comes from being a member of the Christ's true Church. In college, I had to make the choice to figure out for myself if everything I had been taught was true, or if I was going to go my own way. I tried my own way - the world's way - and I am here to say that Christ is the only way to happiness in this life and in the eternities to come, and that His way can only be found in its entirety within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
So here, I give my testimony with the many that have gone before me and the many that will come that I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, the Redeemer of my soul. I know that He loves me, that it is only through Him that I can finding healing and salvation, and that this Church - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - embraces and embodies His teachings.
As 2 Nephi chapter 25 verse 26 in the Book of Mormon states, " . . . we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ . . ." and we invite all those who seek Him to come, to ask your questions, to receive your answers, and to know for yourself as we know that He is your Redeemer.
So I may have failed in the "accomplish 101 new things" department but I feel I have been successful in the area of my life that really counts. So I invite you to do more than sit back and read along - please, find out for yourself if the things of which I witness are true. Ask questions, look for answers, because I promise they will be answered.
No comments:
Post a Comment